Friday, May 21, 2010

The ending to my story

Avery Grace Harris
5lb. 2 oz
8:24 AM
5/16/2010
 



Avery was born 2 days before my birthday. She came out fighting, just like a taurus:) I had a C-section, which is new to me. She was out in about 10 minutes and off to the NICU within minutes. Her cry was the best sound I have ever heard. I asked "Is she OK? Is she healthy?" Matt was with her and told me that she was perfect, after some jokes about my uterus looking like a raw turkey.  I cried and cried, until the anestesia required me to start vomiting, but it was still the greatest moment of my life. 

She will be in the NICU for another week atleast. It's really difficult to leave Avery every day. You want your newborn with you 24/7, but I rather her there than wondering if she is breathing all night here. My hormones are on over drive trying to split my time between Addison and Avery.  Addison has her graduation today, her dance recital on Saturday. Matt leaves for California on Monday for 2 days, and I still can't drive. But Avery is HERE and she is healthy, that's all that matters, the rest is logistics.

Having Avery here completes me, us. We all worked so hard for her, Matt, our parents, myself.  We are truly blessed.  Thank you for all your support and love. 


11 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear about the healthy baby girl. She's a beauty. I'll say a prayer for you and your family in these days ahead. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've very happy for you, Matt and Addison. Congrats on the birth of your beautiful baby girl. She was born on my late grandmother's birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's just beautiful... so glad your prayers were answered. Best wishes on the new addition to your family (and I love her name!)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats, amy! she's beautiful. so happy for you and matt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! She's absolutely gorgeous. I'm so glad that both of you are doing well and that your baby girl is healthy. You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's gorgeous!! Congrats to all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy for your joy. You guys deserve it.By the way she is beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you guys. I remember bawling my eyes out that Oct. and now have tears of joys that you have a healthy bundle of joy to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you all. She is beautiful and perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to the Harris family!! Avery was born on my own daughter's first birthday! I'm so happy for you guys - hope she gets to come home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so cute! I had to have a C-section, And my son was 5lbs and 2oz, And he had to be in ICU, It is so hard. Hope she gets to come home soon..!! I am so happy for you and Matt she is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete